Friday, September 11, 2009

What's new in my studio!


This week I had to sculpt a ruddy turnstone. Which was a challenge to get it to look like it was walking on those little legs. I also fired a glaze load, but I wasn't paying attention, and instead of a green turtle I got a black turtle! Oh well it is not the first mistake, and I know it wont be the last. I also got a new line of soap dishes out.

Also, this weekend I am having an Open House for my home, and I am hoping a lot of people come and take a look. Keep your fingers crossed for me that someone love's it! I can't wait to move. I love my studio here because it is surrounded by other artists, and is in an old building from the seventies, but I am also excited about getting a new studio too. On one hand, now I am close to my mentor, on the other hand, when I move I will be closer to my market and be able to sell more pots. I hope to be able to get a shop next time that I can make a little gallery in the front for my work.

1 comment: