Thursday, September 3, 2009

I joined the Etsy Bloggers team

The group does a cool event called a carnival every other week where someone asks two questions about life etc. We blog about it on our blogs, and then submit it with everyone else's. The question this week is What are you most proud of in your life?

This is a very hard question to answer! I am proud that I try to be a good person, but I think my greatest accomplishment right now is my studio. It has been such a hard road. I knew when I decided to make the switch from going to law school to being an artist that it wasn't going to be easy, but I didn't realize how hard it would be! First, I had to learn my craft, which with clay you can never really learn it all! There is way too many different ways to make pots, decorate pots, fire pots. Then after you kind of get a grasp on that you realize there is a whole business side left to learn. I proud that I am finally starting to get the business side, not that I have all the paper work and promotion tips down. I also am proud that I have been able to stick with it through the ups and downs, and now I have a product that is all my own, created by me.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the team and thank you for participating in the blog carnival. You have the right to be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, I visited a friend in July 2008 in Colorado who happens to be a potter. I had never worked with clay before, but she introduced me to a wheel. Although I already respected her work--and the work that clay artists do--in general, after this experience I REALLY appreciated the skills involved. Keep up your efforts; I will applaud from the sidelines, since clay is not where my talents lie. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the team, Katie! You are right, being an artist who makes money from her art is difficult. I see that you have the ability to persist and I applaud you.

    ReplyDelete