Thursday, August 6, 2009

What's new!

I make functional, fun brightly colored dishes, fanciful sculptures, and ceramic wall murals. I wanted to create this blog so my friends and customers could keep track of what is going on in my studio!
Today has already been a busy day. I fired my bisque kiln. This is the first firing my pottery receives. This step is to harden the pots before I add the glazes. I also finished up sculpting a brand new mural. It is a small mural about two feet by two feet. It depicts a shrimp boat on the water with reeds and a heron in the background. It reminds me of the gulf coast of Florida!
Please check out my website at http://katiemcfarland.com



1 comment:

  1. Your work is simply superb Katy. I am a true lover of pottery and am always on the look out for new intersting ones. I just happened to come across Hartstone pottery and was impressed. They even have good discounts and the coupons are available at http://coupongrove.com/HartstonePottery/. Thought it might interest you too.

    ReplyDelete